Pupil Premium is an amount given by the government to schools to support children who have, or have had in the last 6 years, free school meals.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’).
Schools also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel.
Schools decide how to use the funding, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need.
Pupil Premium 2016-2017
In 2016-2017 we received a total Pupil Premium grant of £11,560.
We spent this grant on:
- a variety of intervention strategies for children at risk of underachievement in order to boost progress in English and Mathematics;
- self-esteem / enrichment raising sessions were provided;
- additional equipment was purchased to aid rapid progress;
- educational visits and out of school hours activities were subsidised or paid for (including residential visits);
- staff were employed to provide specific learning support in including intervention programmes;
- paying Teaching Assistants to provide additional hours of pastoral support during extra-curricular activities.
End of Key Stage 1 Results
|% achieving expected level in READING||% achieving expected level in WRITING||% achieving expected level in MATHS|
End of Key Stage 2 Results
|% achieving expected level in READING, WRITING & MATHS
|% achieving expected level in READING
|% achieving expected level in WRITING
|% achieving expected level in MATHS
|% achieving expected level in Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar (SPAG)
Please see our current Pupil Premium Policy for further details.